Inspire, the European Partnership for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, is looking for a Communications Intern for its Secretariat in Brussels, starting asap.
Job title: Communications Intern
Job type: Internship, Full-time
Place: Brussels, Belgium
Role Purpose: To support Inspire in its internal and external communication activities, and its convening and information-sharing activities.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and disseminate communication materials to inform donors, members and partners about the partnership’s achievements, such as reports, infographics and visuals.
- Social Media management (Twitter / Facebook / LinkedIn): Support the Policy Officer and Lead by designing and implementing a social media strategy and content scheduling plan.
- Website Management and Mailing list management
- Content Update: Support the transition of the Inspire partnership following to a rebrand and name change, by updating its templates, website content and documentation.
- Promotion: Developing promotional content and support about the partnership’s activities and membership benefits
- Create infographics and visuals to support the dissemination of information collated by the Policy Officer and Lead.
Support convening and information-sharing activities
- Support Inspire meetings hosted in Brussels and abroad by arranging participant travel and keeping track of expenses
- Various other administrative tasks, to support Inspire activities and meetings
Applicant Profile - Education, Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Communications or related degree, or equivalent working experience;
- Social media literacy, Online communication and social media management skills (including website/blog and mailing list management);
- Experience with graphic design software (Canva, Illustrator or piktochart)
- Prior experience in a similar position preferred, direct experience with networks and NGOs alliances an asset;
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: sexual and reproductive health and rights/ gender/global health/human rights/ population dynamics/ development issues preferred;
- Excellent command of English (equivalent to mother tongue level); great communication and writing skills;
- Excellent organisational skills with an eye for detail; punctual; resourceful; personable;
- Values: must be supportive of sexual and reproductive health and rights
Only applications from candidates that are able to reside and work in Belgium will be considered.
The type of contract is called convention d’immersion professionnelle / beroepsinlevingsstage. It is a kind of internship that allows a recent graduate to learn to put in practice what they had learned in their education. The intern will be offered in-house training and coaching by the employer.
The Internship is full-time, for a period of 4 to 5 months based in Brussels. We offer a compensation as is legally foreseen for this type of contract, minimum 800€ a month.
The Communications Intern reports to the Inspire Lead
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the link below by providing:
- Your answers to the questionnaire about your interest . Please confirm that you can legally reside and work in the EU.
- Your CV (in attachment)
Send these through this application module by February 15th 2019 (no calls or email inquiries, please). Please remember to attach your CV.
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the small size of the Secretariat, we will be able to contact only shortlisted candidates and we will not be able to give individual feedback. Interviews will take place between 19 and 27 February 2019.